Xbox 360’s Top 6 Multiplayer/Online Games That Are WAY Too Fun
you ever been sitting on your dashboard wishing that you had some friends to play with? Been sifting through your hard drive’s contents looking for a game where you can have a blast with on Xbox Live? There are tons of great games out for the Xbox 360, but many of them are single player games which are a lot of fun, but ultimately leave you sitting alone playing them from start to finish. Here’s a list of the best games for hopping online (or onto the couch) with a group of friends and playing with or against each other on.
1. Castle Crashers Game: Do you remember spending hours at the arcade plopping quarter after quarter into the machines with your friends as you scrolled across the screen beating the crap out of pixelated bad guys? Even if you don’t, Castle Crashers makes for an amazingly fun game for up to four players to take a nostalgia trip into medieval times. Play as one of four knights (or tons of unlockable characters) in a world designed by the guys who brought us Alien Hominid as you hack, slash, and magic your way through an expansive (and hilarious) world in the perfect old-school style gaming adventure.
2. Call of Duty (Series): The Call of Duty series has been known for being the absolute top military shooter game of all time, holding records for copies sold and making them some of the most played games on the Xbox 360 today. With fiercely competitive multiplayer and an immersive campaign, games like Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2/3 and Black Ops are the games to play if you’re a hardcore first person shooter fan.
3. Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: The newest iteration of the Marvel vs Capcom franchise, UmvC 3 takes fighting games to an entirely new level. With its retro styled graphics and massive cast of characters, UmvC 3 lives up the legacy of its predecessors with its intense single player modes, but the online matches is where the game really heats up. Whether playing against friends or on the ranked leaderboards, UmvC 3 is one of the best places you can find to show off your fighting prowess against some of the best fighting gamers in the world.
4. Minecraft: Minecraft started out small as an indie smash hit among PC gamers, but the phenomenon has spread like a blocky virus through the world’s gaming population. The game has everything for any kind of gamer to enjoy from the casual builder to the adventure gamer to the amateur architect designing sprawling cities across Xbox Live’s multiplayer servers. Even if you have the game for PC, the Xbox version is worth picking up if only for the massive player community on Xbox Live. The game has everything for any kind of gamer to enjoy from the casual builder to the adventure gamer to the amateur architect designing sprawling cities across Xbox Live’s multiplayer servers. Even if you have the game for PC, the Xbox version is worth picking up if only for the massive player community on Xbox Live.
5. Battlefield 3: Battlefield 3 is known as the Call of Duty series’ main rival in the military shooter genre, but they’re such different games it’s hard to compare. With a completely different formula than the CoD series, Battlefield 3 focuses on squad based play over sprawling city maps featuring destructible buildings, vehicle combat, and graphics powered by the beautiful Frostbite 2 engine. If you’re a shooter fan, this game definitely deserves a place on your shelf. This game definitely deserves a place on your shelf if you’re a shooter fan.